Thursday, May 10, 2007

$500 to $5000

Have decided to finally sort out my non existant br management once and for all. Going to build $500 into $5k. Will 4 table 0.10/0.20 and not move up to 0.25/0.50 until the br reaches 1k. So I have 400 as 20 cash buyins and the remaining 100 for stts and the odd mtt. I want to keep live and online br's separate so the 5k is only for online, and any live tournaments/cash that I play will come out of my pocket. I reckon I should do this fairly easily as I've been beating 0.50/1 online fairly easily but just havn't got the br to handle the variance. Will play 1 or 2 live tournys a week and the jackpot cash is fairly easy money in the pocket.

Played the boards $20 bi weekly mtt on monday and came second. Played solid throughout, getting value from premium hands and stealing alot later on helped by the nit image i created early on. The only hand I was annoyed about was the last hand of the tourny. Wasn't concentrating at all. Raised pf with Kx and didn't hit. Fired on the flop and called. Flop was draw heavy and I shoved the turn to be called by a flopped 2 pair. Looking back it was obvious I was beat as he had'nt flat called one draw since I had been at the table. So out of 4 entries I've finished 2nd, 4th, and two nowheres which I'm not bothered about as both exit hands were coolers.

Football cancelled last night so had planned to play the jackpot e40 freezout GJP sattellite but played the $3000 Gtd on gjp instead. Finished 4th for 280ish. Went out when I'd K7 on a K107 board, got it all in on the turn and he had k10. Was pissed off with myself as i was sure I was beat when he check minraised my flop bet and shoved the turn, but I called anyway. I need to trust my gut feelings more often. Played 3 $50 stt's, won 1, 2nd in another. 2 tabled some 0.50/10 and ended the night up 600. At the moment I've 1100 online (What are you doing playing 0.50/1 I hear you say, see the first paragraph), but am withdrawing 600 to start fresh on the 5k challenge.

Wasn't sure what game to play tonight. It was down to the 20e jackpot donkout, or a 20 runner tenner home game in Maynooth. Decided to play the home game for a bit of craic and also because I felt like getting pissed after. If I feel different I may head into the jackpot after for some 1/2 instead, still undecided.

Will probably only play online for an hour or two after work so updates later.

No comments: