Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Dronkey?

Got a couple of hours in sunday and monday and tilted off $200. Was severely hungover sunday so what better time to 4 table 0.25/0.50 while using gametime+ with pt on a slow computer. Need to get a laptop. Anyway wasn't concentrating at all and dropped about 100 purely through poor play. Have to stop playing when hungover. Dropped another 100 when I bought into a $100 stt because im a dope. Putting one sixth of your online br into a 10 seated stt. Theres br management for you. Sigh. The whole point of this challenge is to have ruled that kind of crap out of my game totally (I know I'm not sufficiently rolled for 0.25/0.50 but I'm not worried about major swings at micro stakes. Maybe I should be). Anyway, playing hungover/drunk and large buy in tournys are taboo from now on. Heading to tripod on thursday so I can test myself on whether I can resist the jackpot afterwards.

Played the e10 rebuy in the jackpot last night for some fun, mainly just to pass the time until the 1/1 game got started and clear my tilt up. Standard was shocking as usual. Stack was nearing an M of 10 so i shipped it in with with kq sooooted after two limpers. Dude calls with A5 or something, K on flop, rivers a straight. Wasn't bothered. Bored dealing and the cash games was starting. Time to pay the bills.

Sat down with 100 and covered everyone immedietly. Table was full of eliminated students and now I just had to sit tight. I couldnt help but laugh at guys buying in for 30e, limping their way down to 20, and shoving with some K10 like hand. Rebuy for 30e, same again. Hit some flops and stole some pots and cashed out at 3 for 500ish.

There were only two players on the table who I could play some poker with for the most part, boardies TheresAlwaysOne and TommyGunne. Hand with Conor aka tommygunne. Can't remember exact details preflop, but I was in in early position with A5soooted. Flop comes down KJ8. I check. Conor bets 3/4 pot - pot. I'm the only caller. Turn is a 9. I check and he fires again. I've a fairly tight image and c/repot it. He thinks for a couple of minutes and I know he's folding his K. He may have been tilting a little and then played his last hand when he flopped top two with AQ and I hit a set of queens. The money was always going in and thats all she wrote.

Was a little annoyed when I checked a river having fired two bullets allowing TheresOnlyOne to rebluff me with 9high on the river. He played it well though. Anyway I'm off to have a sleep in the car now but will get a few hours in later.

No comments: