Thursday, June 5, 2008

Quick update

Well it's been a while. I'm finally finished 4 years of college and I can't say that I'm not delighted. I'm fairly confident I passed all my exams and fingers crossed I scrape a pass in the FYP and I'm in the clear. Coming into 4th year I was expecting a 2.1 and now I'm happy with a pass. Oh well. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with myself now. I was reading cookers blog where he said He'll never use his degree and I think I'm in the same boat. I think the whole CAO system sucks balls as you can hardly expect a 16 year old kid to know what he's going to do for the rest of his life. I've been toying with the idea of doing a masters part time while I figure some stuff out but I dunno. Fuck it I'm still only 20 with a degree which can't be bad so I'm just going to enjoy the summer and worry later.

Poker
I was pretty comfortably rolled for 100nl and looking forward to grinding for the summer. I crashed my car which I won't go into in detail which resulted in some pretty bad damage and I needed to withdraw $2.3k to repair it which left me with a bare minimum 20bi roll for 50nl which really pisses me off. I feel like I've been at 50nl for fucking ages and watching other people move through the levels while I'm still playing for peanuts is so depressing.

I've been going out a lot since college finished so haven't played much at all, only really in the last 7 days or so where I've played 10k hands at 50nl running hot at 10ptbb/100 which is a good start. My goal is to play a ton of hands and be rolled comfortably for 200nl by the end of the summer and then I'll see what happens re coaching/moving up.

A couple of months ago I posted stats on boards for ripping. In the 30k hands I've played since then I've loosened way up in position, my att to steal has gone from 30ish to 43 and my wwsf from 41 to 46 which I'm happy with. Also after reading Nick's well i tried adding in more tables. I was already playing 6/7 averaging 22/20ish and playing 8-10 I just turn into a 18/16 nit which I need to work on. I'm just rambling now so I'll leave it at that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

busto rent boy imo

Theresalwaysone said...

Nice, least your winning, you'll be moving up in no time. gl